What is RPL?
Recognition of prior learning is a process where a person with work experience, can have their skills and knowledge assessed, with the aim of getting a formal qualification
Am I Eligible to Apply ?
- Do I have experience based on volunteer work?
- Can I demonstrate the skill to someone?
- Do I have Formal or non-formal training in this field?
- Can I provide some kind of evidence to support my claim?
- Paid or un-paid work experience
- Work skills or knowledge
If you answer YES to any of the questions above you may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning.
What are the benefits of RPL ?
If you receive recognition for your industry experience, skills and knowledge, it may lead to:
- A full or partial nationally recognized industry qualification
- Only do the training you need to do
- Well supported
- Save time by not attending unnecessary classes
- Complete your accredited qualification and get into workforce sooner
- Boosts your morale by acknowledging your experience
How can a qualification help me ?
- Enter or re-enter in the workforce
- Change careers
- Get a promotion
- Improve your job security
What are the benefits for an employer ?
- Meet and exceed industry requirements
- Help identify skills gaps
- Helps to achieve the skills development plan
Is the RPL Process difficult ?
You will be provided with full support by your TAF assessor.
Can i Apply for RPL If i have overseas experience ?
Yes you can. Contact us on (03) 9357 9119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .We will organize a pre-assessment interview either by phone or a face to face meeting to guide you through the process.
How long will the process take ?
The duration of RPL process will depend on the number of units and the time you can devote to the process.Your assessor will develop an RPL assessment plan and schedule based on your needs.
For a full qualification generally takes between 1 to 3 months for an applicant to complete the process.
What is gap training ?
While in many cases you will be able to demonstrate or provide evidence to gain full competence, in some cases your assessor may determine there is a gap between what you know and what is covered in a unit or qualification. In this case, TAF can provide you with an opportunity to undertake training to ensure that your RPL application is successful. This is called gap training. If gap training is required, your RPL Assessor will assist you to identify what it might involve.
How can i apply recognition of my skills ?
You can call us on (03) 9357 9119 or email email@example.com . We will organize a pre-assessment interview either by phone or a face-to-face meeting to guide you through the process.